Dear Friends, Rhodies and Countrymen,
With the beginning of our cooler days and earlier sunsets in the Southern hemisphere, we are starting to slow down in pace without realising it. Yet in the Northern Hemisphere people are full of excitement and go as spring has sprung and they see the sun and have longer sun hour days.
Sit up…. Take note……. Be thankful and live life! Balance isn't something you achieve "someday". ... This month we’re bringing you a message that should be passed on to our children and youth as they are our custodians for a better balanced tomorrow! Get them a copy of “THE CIRCLE OF LIFE” by John Edmond
As a friend mentioned the other day” yes, life is just a great big circle” well these words made us sit up and remember our ECO message that John wrote.
The project was written in the late 1980s as a protest against man’s pollution and general interference with nature. However, because nobody heeded other similar warnings we now, 30 years later see the dire results of pollution in our rivers, oceans, forests, nature and on our wildlife.
We wanted to bring home God’s creation of the universe from the endless constellations to the biggest and smallest forms of living matter that all work together like a mighty machine of wheels within wheels, each with a purpose, and any small disturbance disrupts its equilibrium.
“THE CIRCLE OF LIFE” – by John Edmond
“It all goes round in a Circle. It all goes round like a great big wheel and the wheel just keeps on turning like the planets around the sun. Back to square one, back to square one. In the beginning, there was nothing ‘till the universe was made and life went round like a season, from the cradle to the grave. Though the winter life is death-like there’s a seed beneath the ice and the seed begins to waken with the spring that brings it life”.
As humans, we just take it all for granted as everything is in place.
The circle of life is a symbolic representation of birth, survival and death. The idea of life as a circle or a wheel exists across multiple religions and philosophies. ... Thus, remember “If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer's day.
On “THE CIRCLE OF LIFE” album another one of the brilliant numbers with a great message is “The Yin Yang Song” – Yin and Yang is part of ancient Chinese Philosophy: the fact that the world is made up of opposites. “Everything has a yin and a yang - stay in the middle and you will see you’ll be in balance and harmony Hard and soft, hot and cold, fire and ice, happy and sad…” Too often, most of us live a life that is far out of balance – putting the things that are not as important first or letting them tip the scales too far in one direction.
Here are a few quotes from those who have learned the importance of balance in their lives, and hopefully it will inspire you to find balance in yours.
- “Fortunate, indeed, is the man who takes exactly the right measure of himself and holds a just balance between what he can acquire and what he can use.” – Peter Latham
- “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.”- Euripides
- “Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony.” – Thomas Merton
- “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.” – Thomas Kincade
- “Wisdom is your perspective on life, your sense of balance, your understanding of how the various parts and principles apply and relate to each other.”- Steven R. Covey
- “A well-developed sense of humour is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.”- William Arthur Ward
So from the Roan team …. Cheers for now
Stay warm, keep in the middle and stay in balance.
Check our web site for details on–up-coming concerts and shows....